Perspective is everything and facts are important in the gun debate. Unfortunately, after tragedy strikes, facts are cast aside in favor of emotionally-based pleas that 'We Must Do Something!'
The graphs below are provided with little to no commentary as it is unnecessary.
1. There are more guns than ever in the United States and there are now more guns than people.
2. Americans can more freely carry guns on them now than ever before.
3. But with this increase in guns, accidental fatalities from firearms has continued to decrease...
4. Additionally, homicides from firearms has also decreased...
5. Suicides aren't on the rise, either. Rates among men and women have been statistically similar going back multiple generations.
6. As suicides go, "Suicide by gun" has actually decreased as well.
7. After each tragedy, our politicians politick, our late night comedians weep, and we leap to social media to re-hack all of our side's talking points. But these tragedies don't actually change anyone's mind.
8-9. So what HAS changed?
10. Gun Regulation doesn't reduce homicides, quite the opposite.
So, why then the push for more regulation? Most who push for "common sense gun reform" aren't even aware that most of the regulation they push for has already been enacted into law...
Follow libertyLOL on your favorite social media sites:Facebook
Countable: Government Made Simple
Steemit blog on a blockchain
libertyLOL's Liberty Blog RSS Feed
We also run a couple twitterbots which provide great quotes and book suggestions:
Murray Rothbard Suggests
Tom Woods Suggests
Jason Stapleton Suggests
Taxation is Theft Bot
Search and Shop on Amazon.com!
Tom Wood's Liberty Classroom
"Get the equivalent of a Ph.D. in libertarian thought and free-market economics online for just 24 cents a day...."
At Liberty Classroom, you can learn real U.S. history, Western civilization, and free-market economics from professors you can trust.
Short on time? No problem. You can learn in your car.
Find out more!